Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ghostscript Convert PDF to TIFF

Again this is mainly for my reference, but someone may have trouble finding the solution like I did earlier today.

On Windows be sure to add "C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.64\bin" to your PATH, then run the following command.

gswin32c -dNOPAUSE -q -r300 -sDEVICE=tiffg4 -dBATCH -sOutputFile=[YOUR_OUTPUT_FILENAME.TIFF] [YOUR_INPUT_FILENAME.PDF]

Similarly on Linux you can run the command below.

gs -dNOPAUSE -q -r300 -sDEVICE=tiffg4 -dBATCH -sOutputFile=[YOUR_OUTPUT_FILENAME.TIFF] [YOUR_INPUT_FILENAME.PDF]

There are also possibilities to script this, and when you can do that you should. I haven't found the need to bring it to that point yet as I just had to do four files today, but should this come up again I will be scripting it in some fashion and posting the results here.

Thank you to StackOverflow for the solution to my problem. Also one of the other solutions to this is to use a recursive search of a directory with PowerShell to convert files.

No comments: