- Open up a command prompt as Administrator (not the same thing we are trying to do)
- Run "net user /active:yes administrator"
- Now it is a great idea to set a password for the Administrator user so we can do that right now
- Run "net user administrator password" but replace password with something more complex similar to "Som3C0mpl3xP@$$w0rd"
- Exit out of the command prompt.
Monday, October 04, 2010
Enabling the Administrator user in Windows 7
This is a very simple fix. The reasons to actually log on as the administrator are shrinking, but for my environment I need to log on as the Administrator user occasionally (for software patching).