As any of my readers know I check things on a daily basis, typically in the morning. As part of these checks I fire up Internet Explorer 7 and go to our Outlook Web Access page and log in.
Today I figured out how to do all of this from a PowerShell, which has already cut my daily monitoring duties down about 90%. This is a pretty simple oneliner that will test one OWA url. It does however require you to enter a password in a dialog box.
Test-OWAConnectivity -url https://mail.yourdomain.com/owa -mailboxcredentials:)Get-Credential domail\user)
After you run that it will ask you for the password of the user and report back success or failure.