Wednesday, July 11, 2007

How to: Verify nessesary Microsoft Exchange services are running

Every monrning as part of my daily routine I check to make sure all the nessesary services are running for Microsoft Exchange 2007 to run properly and respond to client requests. In the past I have been opening the Services.msc and visually verifying that all of the services are indeed running. But today while I was looking over the list of CMDLETS I found my time saver, Test-ServiceHealth.
This command will test all of the services that should be running and report back what is and is not running. Since I keep the Exchange Management Shell open at all times I can quickly type this command and verify that way that everything is running as normal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi friend,

This information is really helpful to me.

Thanks for sharing this informaton.

With Best Regards,
Srinivas Kolla(kollavenkat@gmail.com).